|Title||Art as Performance|
In this richly argued and provocative book, David Davies elaborates and defends a broad conceptual framework for thinking about the arts that reveals important continuities and discontinuities between traditional and modern art, and between different artistic disciplines.
2. Aesthetic Empiricism:.
3. The Fine Structure of the Focus of Appreciation:.
4. The Artwork as Performance: An Argument from Artistic Intentions:.
5. Provenance, Modality, and the Identity of the Artwork:.
6. Artwork, Action, and Performance.
7. Art as Performance:.
8. Revisionism and Modernism Revisited.
9. Performance as Art.
10. Defining ‘Art’ as Performance, and the Values of Art:.