|Title||Art and intention : a philosophical study|
Do the artist's intentions have anything to do with the making and appreciation of works of art? In 'Art and Intention', Paisley Livingston develops a broad and balanced perspective on perennial disputes between intentionalists and anti-intentionalists in philosophical aesthetics and critical theory.
1. What are intentions? –
2. Intention and the creation of art –
3. Authorship, individual and collective –
4. Intentions and oeuvres –
5. Texts, works, versions (with reference to the intentions of Monsieur Pierre Menard) –
6. Intention and the interpretation of art –
7. Fiction and fictional truth.